Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no idea what to do

Hello everyone,

I have a client which she has two curtains to make ,and for me they are a big problem what kind of curtain, i mean the shape. She wants something very light probably organza or sheers. I am sending the pictures to follow what i mean the one at the living is wide 75 ins. and for the bedroom she wants something like a whole curtain but where there is the cross she still wants it there and the measurement are; from left wall to to the window 18 ins. the left window is 43ins. the middle wall is 41ins. the right window is 72ins and the right wall is 9ins and from side to side is 144ins.

Can anyone please give some idea.

thanks

best regards
    maria

[attachment=0:y0yycxla]Optimized.114.JPG[/attachment:y0yycxla][attachment=1:y0yycxla]Optimized.115.JPG[/attachment:y0yycxla]

Re: no idea what to do

Could you make a large voile panel with a channel in the top to fit on a pole? If you made it double thickness you could pull one layer to the left and one to the right and dress them behind holdbacks.

Something like this cross over curtains
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

hello Louise,

I want to thank you for answering me, but are you talking about the crossover for the living room or for the bedroom .
      If i do it for the living room on the left it will be shorter and if i put a tieback it will be the same level to the right?
      you have any idea for the bedroom please?

thank you

best regards

maria.

Comment

I was thinking of it for the bedroom - I hoped drawing the panels to the sides could be dressed to still expose the cross in the middle.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Maria,
          I would be inclined to make it as simple as possible. I am assuming that the vertical blinds will remain.

Living Room:
          Tied back sheer curtains. This could be on hooks or hardware from the ceiling or wall mounted and pleated or gathered, tied back to each side.

Bedroom:
          Pleated traversing sheer on functioning hardware which would make a backdrop for the bed area.

This is a challenging design project but I think the curtains will soften the look of the rooms.

Good Luck,
          Susan
          Susan Woodcock
          Owner, HomeDecGal.com
          Charlotte, NC
          USA

Comment

Hello again to both of you ,

Thank you for the ideas, but if i make the curtain in the living room going to one side and tiedback on the right would it be ok i guess. and for the bedroom if i tell her to make it on two poles and try to make both curtains the same size , do you thing thats ok?.I like your opinions because i might be very wrong.

thank you

best regards

maria

Comment

Working...
            X