Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photographing windows

Hi,
    Want to take pictures from now on of my finished windows. My curtains are coming out very dark on the photos because of the light coming in from the outside thus making the darker product (curtains) even darker. Tried increasing brightness, contrast. Not working. Using a sony cybershot digital camera. Have seen some good clear pictures taken here. Please forward tips. Thanks.

Re: photographing windows

I have the same trouble.

The last photo I took I did by pointing the camera at the wall beside the curtain and half pressing the button. Then I focused on the window without taking my finger off. It was not so dark.

I would be grateful of any help on this matter too.

Comment

I have found that moving to the side & taking the photo at an angle (not always possible I know) can sometimes help. Last time I tried to photograph dark curtains during the day, I ended up drawing them to get a halfway decent photo.

I'd welcome some help with this too
      Jane

Comment

Hi, I've been having problems with photographs too. Have always had the camera with me but haven't been able to show any work on the forum as the photographs have looked out of focus and too bright. Someone else told me about taking them from the side, so will try that next time.

Cat
        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

I do......perhaps will get better with more practise...

Comment

From the side is better tbo. If its a time in the day when the sun is facing the window, go back at another time of day to take the photos. I always tend to stand to the side of the windows rather than face on.

Comment

I was at a party Sunday in a house I made curtains for about 2 years ago and I had my camera with me. Because the light from the windows was so bright I took a few photos from an angle and they turned out ok. I'll send one to Philip and he will post it on here to let ye see they came out ok. I did have to take a few photos first before I got the light right.

Ursula

Comment

Those photos are now under gallery

Comment

If your digital camera has an option to turn the flash to constant that can help. On my camera, first pressure on the button focuses the camera and asseses the light, so if you do this off to one side of the window, away from the light, it helps to get the exposure set correctly.

Phil.

Comment

That's what I did! Fancy that. However, leaving my flash on changes the colours of my pictures

Comment

thanks everone for your advice. I tried to fix the photographs on microsoft office picture manager using the auto correct feature. It made an incredible difference. Tried to take a picture from the side angle of a pelmet I put up today unfortunately it is even darker, maybe because of a brighter day. Maybe I have to carry a huge flash light with me next time and look more like of a photographer than a curtain maker.

Comment

Working...
                      X