Alternative to buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to buttons

I have been asked to make some double pleat curtains, 3m drop on 63mm brown wooden poles with antique gold painted finials. The fabric will be a light gold brocade (Villa Nova Renaissance 2895/06).

We have discussed buttons at the base of the pleats and wondered if anyone had suggestions of anything else decorative instead. It is a fairly classical room with some antique furniture, light colour scheme with cream, gold and pale green. Not too fussy or ornate. As the windows are so tall, I wonder if covered buttons would not show up enough? The customer is not keen on a strong contrast like red or navy on the buttons.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Re: Alternative to buttons

Hi Louise,
    If you go to Jones and co, here http://www.jones-interiors.com/tiebacks ... ings.shtml
    download the pdf, look at page 3 item 8
    page 5 item 6
    page 7 love thos crystal buttons!!!!

sharon

Comment

Thanks Sharon - those look good.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

You could make mini choux's (??). I've done these in the past and they a just a bit different from flat buttons. Of course, they take longer
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

OOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo now those crystal buttons,,,, I just LOVE

Comment

Hi Louise

I have just used that same fabric for a customer in the last month who was going to have buttons but decided against - I suggested that we did knotted rope across the pleats and I used one from the Heirloom range from British Trimmings - they looked fantastic and she was so pleased that she ordered more curtains. The room was totally classic with antique furniture - flocked walls really beautiful and the soft furnishings did look amazing! I didn't take a picture as forgot camera but I do have a shot on my mobile phone but I don't know how to download!
            Yvonne

Comment

Hi Louise

Handsome trimmings do something called Curtain Jewellery, their web site is very good, I hold an account if you need more info.

Morag

Comment

Thanks Morag - I will look at their site.
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                X