Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you design for this arched corner bay window!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you design for this arched corner bay window!

Hello everyone. In my lounge we have a corner bay with arched windows. For the front windows I simply made some sill length curtains but for the side windows I want to do some roman blinds.

It is difficult as the window frame is metal and the surround is stone so it is going to be fun working out how to fit them never mind designing them!

I want to do some arched blinds which could involve drilling into the stonework which my husband does not want to do. He would prefer a straight blind to just cover the window as he could attach a batten more easily using the 'seam' between the stones to screw into. If you can see my attached picture you may be able to see what I mean.

Can anyone give me some advice please?

[attachment=0:29fjpy9d]Image048.jpg[/attachment:29fjpy9d]

Re: How would you design for this arched corner bay window!

Hi Susan,
    If you make a wooden 'batten' the shape of the top of the window (which will be covered by fabric anyway) you should be able to put the brackets onto it at the bottom and screw into the crack. I mean a straight batten with the shape in plywood or similar attached to the top of it to attach the shaped top of the blind to.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Re: How would you design for this arched corner bay window!

Thanks for that suggestion, it is the best so far and the one we shall try. My daughter suggested sticking velcro to the top of the frame but I didn't want to do that although it seemed a good idea at the time. I've made a start on the blinds so we shall see what they turn out like.

Cheers Susan

Comment

Working...
      X