Roman Blind Trims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Blind Trims

I have a client who has a very trendy house. She would like a Roman for her downstairs loo, but she wants it set into the recess. She would like it trimmed with beads or sparkly bobbles, but also wants complete privacy. If the trim is sewn to the bottom of the blind, then it will not close fully, has anyone set a trim at the top edge? Some of the trims I have, have a gimp braid and could be sewn on anywhere, but some of them need to be enclosed in a seam, as they have ugly or flimsy ribbon holding them together, and therefore cannot be sewn on anywhere.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Sue.

Re: Roman Blind Trims

Hi Sue,
    I have made a blind with a contrast border on the bottom and inserted the beaded trim into the join, along with micropiping.
    i did have a pic until recently when i got a virus and lost it
    sharon

Comment

You could do that even if you didn't have a contrast hem - just cut and pattern match the fabric to insert the trim, or perhaps even take a tuck to insert the trim if the pattern would allow.......
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I am going to have a go at something similar for my kitchen roman, but I thought that I would try a drop over flap at the top of the blind and sew the beady trim on the edge of that. Well, thats my plan..............might be back with some daft questions??

Enid

Comment

Put the ribbon inside a horizontal pleat - Iron your hem and side turnings in first and them place the trim on the fabric positioned so the beads don't fall below the hem, them you can bring the fabric down over the ribbon forming a horizontal pleat. I'd suggest you use double sided stitcky tape to hold the trim in place while sewing. Pull the fabric forward and sew in the ditch of the pleat from behind using a left side zipper foot.

You can also crack off the first bead if you can't get close enough.

Philip
          Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Is this double-sided sticky tape a special sewing aid, or is it any old double sided tape?

Sorry to be a thicky!

Thanks Philip - that solves the problem, so simple and yet I could not see it!

Sue.

Comment

Hi Sue

Just normal tape, go for a 6 or 9 mm and avoid putting it anywhere your needle will hit, it's a nightmare to sew through.

Philip
              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I think you can get it at craft/hobby shops - may be called something like 'Very Sticky Tape'....
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                X