Very tall window in roof!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very tall window in roof!

I have loyal customers, they have faith in me and I have faith in My Decozo members to help me!!! I have advised the home owner to have motorised roller blinds in these two very tall velux-type windows set into a roof of a barn conversion. They've agreed, but as the room will be an entertaining room, they tentatively asked if curtains would be impossible. I've so far reserved my answer to that, but I think that dress curtains would be possible. Would anyone care to say if they have made curtains for these sloping windows? I've seen a couple of photos with the ceiling meets wall level being the point at which the curtains are held back to the wall. In this case are the verticals just too tall for curtains to sit well against the window sides? I'm imagining the billowing above the straight draping below. Would somehow attaching the folds to a back board be a way to stop this (for the window sides only, the draping can be free below)?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_smith_barn_window_east.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	326.6 KB
ID:	132587 Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_smith_barn_window_west1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	776.8 KB
ID:	132588

I've just noticed something that I didn't before: there are tiny windows low down and fairly close to the tall windows. Possibly too close and the lower curtain drape would cover the small ones.

Comment

If they were considering dress curtains, would a lambrequin be an alternative?
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Louise now that's an idea! A modern shape in a lovely fabric, possibly an expensive fabric where less is needed. Thanks!
        Caroline

Comment

Working...
        X