Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No space above, or to the side....

Hi all

Anybody got any inspired ideas for track/pole/curtains for this bedroom french window giving onto a balcony??? Why do architects do this?

Thanks

Annie

I feel your pain! No option but to lose some of the glass to stack back, I would think wave on a discreet track is the only option. I presume doors open inwards?
    KarenS

Comment

Hi Annie
      I think Karen's suggestion is the only option but if light loss is a problem for your client you could offer tiebacks to keep the curtains away from the glass as much as possible. Not ideal with a wave heading I know, but it is an option.
      Best wishes
      Liz

Comment

I would agree choosing a heading with a very neat stack is preferable, on a track, but it may be possible to extend the curtain visually at the sides into the 'normal stack' area by shaping the last 10 cms to fit the ceiling slope. This bit of the curtain is normally the return so wouldn't need to move. Use vine eyes to hold the curtain close to the wall. Otherwise take the curtains up to the ceiling and have tracks extending down the slope. Treat it as an apex window but only have the central part drawing back to allow the doors to open. Click image for larger version  Name:	Apex window.png Views:	1 Size:	122.8 KB ID:	132538
        I hasten to say this is not my work! But you get the idea. You have a wider central track that could draw open but the sides are non-working. Good luck!. Caroline

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. Amazing flouncy pink with bows! Is that American? I will have a chat with customer and try and get some feedback. She has some curtains in storage that she wants to use but I can't see any way for that to happen. Aaaaagh! At this time of year, I don't have any spare brain cells...

Annie

Comment

Working...
          X