Combined Velux and normal window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combined Velux and normal window

Has anyone come across a velux dormer window with a small 'normal' window pane underneath? My customer has a velux roller blind and a swish track for a single tiny curtain for the bottom, but is wondering if there's any other choice. Ideally a single curtain to cover both velux and lower part because there is a normal window adjacent to it, but I'm at a loss to think how to hang it because wouldn't it stop the velux from opening?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sue Le Flohic's window.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	117632

Re: Combined Velux and normal window

Hi Caroline

I think your feeling is correct, that the only choice you have is what you've got. The only other possibility is a blind for the normal window under the velux which might create a more unified look.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

Best wishes
    Liz

Comment

How about a bottom up blind for the bottom window. sits on the window sill and doesn't give an ugly line 1/2 way up
      Melcurtains

Comment

Or a roller blind with side channels so that it looks like a skylight blind? Lots of blind companies do skylight blinds for Velux and they might be able do to the same for the dormer window.

Be aware that with the bottom up roller blinds, they don't go all the way to the top - the blind sits underneath the pulleys and you do get light bleed in my experience.

Comment

Not if you use pleated blinds
          Melcurtains

Comment

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. My customer went for a single curtain on a swish track for the small lower window in the end.
            Caroline

Comment

Working...
            X