Any Ideas for hallway please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas for hallway please

Curtains are at the minute on a pole triple pleat, small window down stairs, landing window and also the front door. As you come down stairs you can see over the top of the pole which customer does not like. Other than a pelmet which shes not too keen on, any other suggestions? Also the front door cannot have anything above other than a pole. so what ever treatment will it look right with a pole at the door and other treatments at the windows (what ever they might be) sorry does that make sense.

Regards
    Irene

Re: Any Ideas for hallway please

I have used a pelmet in this situtation before, I covered the top of the board with fabric and pattern matched it as you could see it as you walked down the stairs.

Sue.

Comment

I am currently having my hall, stairs and landing done and decided on a pattern from M'Fay for the top of my stairs as it's an awkward window and I wanted to be able to cover a large amount of the dead space above the window so I couldn't see the top of the pelmet at from the landing.

I chose this design but opted for a pelmet board rather than the pole. My door curtain will hang from a pole, but I haven't decided on the headings yet, but I know I don't want the normal triple pleat or goblet pleat.

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Sue and Philip

Thanks I think it has to be a box pelmet of some type other wise you will be able to see over the top.Not sure there is anything else i could do. I love the moorlands design not sure how wide you can stretch it so that it still looks in proportion. Small window would be ok thats only 77cms landing is 135cms i know thats not big but would it suit that style do you think.

Thanks
        Irene
        I

Comment

Hi Irene

It's perfect for a pelmet board - I think they are designed to fit up to 6 foot.

Philip
          Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks Philip

Will show her design, If she doesnt go for it I think I will.

Irene

Comment

The Moreland Valance pattern gives you width sizes of 32" to 54", but you can continue to make it wider. Two patterns are available - 10" - 16" & 16" - 22". It also gives instructions on how to change the pattern to a board mount instead of a pole.
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
              X