bonded black out lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonded black out lining

Having never used the stuff, what the best joining method to avoid bulk ? A first time for everything , its the out black range

Re: bonded black out lining

Hi Tamatha

In my humble opinion the best method for joining this fabric is to put it in the bin and never use it again - It has the draping ability of a brick wall.. Seriously, I used it once and used a flat seam and cut away the bonding close to the join once pressed open, it peels off easily.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I only ever use bonded stuff for roman blinds when client wants an interlined blind made cheaper than a handmade one.

I've used it once for a curtain when client insisted and it's absolute tosh. It made silk look like cardboard. I refused to continue with the makeup until client had come and seen the one I'd done, when she finally agreed that it was an economy too darn far and let me rip the stuff out.

Roman blinds only in my humble opinion.

Comment

Thanks , it is for a roman blind but it does need a join. Its a silk one, Am I going to get mad with the result???

Comment

Hi Tam
          This may be a silly question are you using it as an interlining? If so can't you railroad it. If it is being used as a lining how will you do the rod pockets?
          Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Penny,

Not a silly question at all lol! Its too long to be uses railroaded! Yes, it is to interline a roman blind 156cm w x 170cm d so realistically it needs a join either 2 vertically, one in the centre, or 1 hortizontally( so 1 join railroaded). I'm just not sure if the join will be bulky! Oooo I'm all a dither and need of a glass of wine!

Comment

Tam
              I have recently covered my second table with bonded lining and had to do two seams. I joined it right on the edge so only sewed the lining fabric (did not include the interlining) together and did a normal seam pressed open. I don't think you have much option really I think I would also make sure that it is postioned horizontally maybe near a rod pocket so when pulled up it dissapears into the folds. Another thing maybe to consider is when the blind is down will you be able to see the seam of the bonded lining with the light.
              Oh what a pig of a job. Enjoy your wine.
              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
              X