tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tools

Hello, i'm finding your video clips most helpful. As i watched them i also notice the tools that you are using i.e large rulers. They look much easier to work with than the small one i use ,is that the case and where would i purchase them from? Also have i missed any other of your video that may be of use to me. I have the mitre corners, bolster zip, zip slidder and inserting a zip into velvet.
    Best Wishes Fleur

Re: tools

Hi Fleur

There are a few more videos here - with regards the tools, have a look around in the workroom section and you'll find some interesting tips there. I use 1 metre and 1.5 metre rulers and patchwork rulers which are the large perspex grid boards in my videos. They come in inches and cms. You can buy good quality aluminium rulers from B&Q.

A large ruler is also great for laying out fabric - Have you visited Merrick & Day or Colly Brook Fine Furnishing both sell direct to the public and you'll find they have eveything you need.. As you get more business in you may want to look at opening trade accounts.

In my humble opinion, and I'm sure others will agree.. The first thing to buy is The Encyclopaedia of Curtains You can purchase a good second hand copy or a new one.. You'll never put it down, it's known as the bible in the trade.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks for the information, i have just ordered the book you recommended on cushions, i will place the 'Bible' on my list for the next to be ordered as i have justed purched a few books resently on the subject. Never quite sure if they are the ones i need, so it is good to have reccomondation although i love to read anything to do with soft furnishings.
      On the subject of cushions, is it neccassary to overlock the seams to stop fraying or is it acceptable to leave them?
      Fleur.

Comment

Ideally you would always overlock to prevent fraying but if you don't have the necessary machines you can use a row of zigzag stitching, if doing this, I would always advise a wider seam allowance and cutting with pinking shears.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
        X