Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polystyrene Beads

Morning All,

Can anyone tell me if they have any good ideas about how to get polystyrene beads into things without making to much mess and having them stuck everywhere?!

Ideally I think I need like a hoover thing that can blow, does anyone know where I can get one of these from???? to buy or to hire?
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: Polystyrene Beads

I think a hoover on blow would be a bit fierce! How about a large funnel, that you can tie the neck of the item to, and it would be easier with two people - one to hold it and one to tip the beads into. Hope this helps.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi, you could try doing it in the bath, then any mess is easier to clean up. Kim
      Kim

Comment

Doing it in the bath was my other thought - I was told at college to do this when working with feathers.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I struggled with exactly this problem a few months ago and my husband came up with a solution. I bought my beads in polythene sacks of about 2.5 cubic feet from Dunelm.

Cut a small hole in the corner of the plastic sack and put the inner cardboard tube from kitchen roll (or cut a piece from a similar tube that held fabric) in the gap. Tape the tube in place so the tube is sealed tightly to the sack with no gaps. Ideally with 2 people - one to hold the cushion/beanbag open while the other holds the sack of beads and tips it to pour the beads through the 'spout' you have created.

It worked really well for me.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks for all your replies, Louise what a fantastic idea am definately going to try that one.
            Kindest Regards,
            Karen

Comment

Working...
            X