Netting Quanitity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netting Quanitity?

This is the first time I've had to do a puffball heading. Using muslin so a lightweight fabric that is being slotted 'thru a pole. How much netting do I require for a flat heading depth of 25cms. by 300cms width.?

I want the finished depth of the ' puff ' to be just under 10cms. Is it always necessery to stab stitch or depending on how crisp the netting is can you just ' scrunch' into shape.?

Very tall windows, I don't relish the thought being that high up for ages trying to dress them. If it's possible I would like to do as much as I can with heading beforehand.!

Also, where is a good place for netting? Tried a couple of places on-line but they seem to be more expensive than I thought.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Netting Quanitity?

I would start with the netting twice the width and sew it in when making the stand up, so that it is double inside. You may need to experiment a bit to get the right effect, you may find you need more layers. I think I would just scrunch it up. It's been a long time since I made one of these, but I didn't stab stitch it. You will have to see how it looks when you slide the pole in - if necessary you can stab stitch it before the pole goes up.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

A good starting point is 2 layers of net, each 2 x depth of frill x flat width of curtain. Not sure where you have looked, but M&D sell it for £1.32/m (less if you order a large amount and/or open a trade account).
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

You can try Fabricland. Look at Dress Nets and Tulle
        www.fabricland.co.uk
        Charl

The Curtain Tailor

Comment

Thanks so much Pen and Louise. I've got more of idea now of what may work. Didn't realise that M & D sell net, I was placing an order this morning and could have ordered it then.
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Thanks Charl, I think I will order it from M & D.
            Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Working...
            X