Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman blinds combined with curtains on poles

Hi all,
    I'm about to quote for a job with outside recess roman blinds combined with dress curtains on poles. The windows have external architraves round them. I've done this sort of treatment before, but wondered how high you all would put the roman blind. Would you put the blind as high as the pole, so that the batten is behind the pole, or just to the top of the architrave, with the pole above the window, 10cm being my norm?

Regards
    Pen
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Re: Roman blinds combined with curtains on poles

Hi Pen

I'd put the blind as high as the pole - You can see a good example on page 177 of the M&D Curtain Inspiration book.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Pen,

I agree with Philip. I put mine level with the top of the pole, then it looks like one continuous treatment.

For dress curtain and blind combinations, there is a fab pole that I'd only seen in South Africa, till yesterday. I have a few in my house and have tried so hard to get them over here to no avail. Yesterday I was browsing through someones web site looking for roman blind systems and came upon something very similar. I'll try to find the link and post it here...

Found it! If you use a pole that is big enough to fit the whole window, you can fit curtains and blinds from the same system - at least you can with the SA ones....

Comment

Hi Pen,

I'd put it as high as the pole too.
        Kindest Regards,
        Karen

Comment

That's interesting, because of course if the blind was going in the recess it would be lower than the pole...
          Pen
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison

Comment

It would Pen yes, but the top of the recess would break the scheme and relieve the difference in levels and the fact that the blind was set into the recess would make the window treatment work. Inside and outside recess treatments become a different design I would say.

Philip
            Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Will the curtain pole have a centre bracket? If so, this will affect your batten position.

Regards
              Angie

Comment

Yes, Philip, I agree that inside and outside recess are different treatments.
                Not sure about the bracket positions without checking - there are 13 windows in total, all different sizes. Will have to think about that one.
                Pen
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison

Comment

Working...
                X