PIN HOLES IN THE SELVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIN HOLES IN THE SELVE

Has anyone else had the problem where the pin holes, made by the machine when manufacturing, go well past the selve edge. So when stiching two pieces together, and holding them up to the light, all the pinholes are visible through the fabric. To eliminate the pin holes, a bigger seam allowance would have to be made, but then the fabric has lost it's true pattern match.

A friend who I work with rang me first thing this morning with the problem, she'd been up most of the night worrying about it. She thinks she is going to opt for the second solution.

I've had fabric like this myself before, but I find the pin holes normally come out with a bit of steam/nail scatching, but she has already tried this.
    Bev

The Window Dresser

Re: PIN HOLES IN THE SELVE

Hi Bev

I had this issue recently with a double width set of curtains, one side of the fabric had more pin holes than necessary; what I did was join the width at the other edge, and used the side with the pin holes at the leading edge. This will only work for you if making a two width set of curtains will only one edge being faulty.

You could always return the fabric as faulty if it hasn't been cut.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Too late Philip she has already cut them

BEV
      Bev

The Window Dresser

Comment

Ok.. Try and join at the other side if she can, it may be that she's lucky as I was and only had this problem down one side.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

She should be so lucky, It's down boths sides Philip ... poor girl
          Bev

The Window Dresser

Comment

Working...
          X