Bed Throws...Labour charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed Throws...Labour charges

Would anyone like to share how much they charge for making up bed throws.

Single lined
    Double lined
    kingsize

Single interlined
    Double interlined
    Kingsize interlined

I would really appreciate this information. I have made a few, three I can remember and i am sure I undercharged...especially the interlined ones.

You can pm me if you prefer. I am meeting my client tomorrow so I would really appreciate if anyone would be willing to inpart this info before then.

Thanking you all in anticipation...
    Regards
    Mairi

Re: Bed Throws...Labour charges

Morning Mairi
    I don't make bed throws myself I send mine out to be made. I use a company called Outliners they are very local to me.
    You can download a PDF of the brochure and request a price list from them.They also do headboards.
    However when pricing a job and I'm not sure my first port of call would be to google it.
    Quite often you find companies on the internet who also publish a list of their charges. But I expect you may have already done this so I apologise if I am trying to make you suck eggs!
    Good luck with your client tomorrow.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Re: Bed Throws...Labour charges

I don't have a scientific method for this, but consider that they are like making curtains but without the heading. So I charge roughly what I would for an interlined pencil pleated curtain. If it requires joins then I price according to the number of widths. This does not allow for twiddly extras like borders and buttons, but again, I use my standard curtain pricing policy and apply those. I do not offer quilting.

However I have just failed to get an order due to the cost, 3M (it was 2.7 long runner) of fabric plus prices as above, and I was told that was too expensive, and could be purchased in M & S for much less. I have to agree, but I know how long they take to make and I am not being greedy.

Sue.

Comment

Working...
      X