Customers own Fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers own Fabric

A client has insisted she supply her own fabric. I estimated the amount which she has supplied. However, now I can see that this fabric can be railroaded and it is for Romans. This will mean she has supplied me almost double what is needed. What should I do? I would prefer to railroad the fabric as it is not directional and will avoid joins, but I will feel guilty giving half of it back to her. This is a very good reason for supplying fabric directly as this could have been avoided. If I had seen the fabric in advance I would have known, but this was her choice.

What should I do - keeping half of it is not an option!?

Sue.

Re: Customers own Fabric

How about going back to her and saying I would normally make a roman blind using the length of the fabric but given the width of your blinds, that would involve joins. Now that I've seen the fabric you have supplied, I think it could be turned around (she probably won't know what railroaded means).
    This would mean you have some fabric left over but it would avoid having joins which would look better. ie put the decision back in her court
    Hope that helps.
    Jane

Comment

Hi Sue

I totally agree with Jane, I would always prefer to railroad fabric, joins can distort blinds, she may like some cushions or table runner made with the left over - depending what room the blinds are for.

Kathy
      K W Designs
      Bournemouth

Comment

Thanks for your advice. She is over the moon that she may have spare fabric, and even more pleased that it won't be necessary to have joins in the blind (it was a tiny check so I was not looking forward to joining it)!.
        Thanks for your advice, I can proceed without worrying about it now.
        Sue.

Comment

Working...
        X