Silk interlined curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silk interlined curtains

Hi all, I have a customer who has purchased LA silk and lining. I have recommended interlining these but am a little concerned as they will be 211cm drop with 2.5 widths per curtain pinch pleated and her pole diameter is 19mm which has only recently been installed. Evans Textiles have an interlining especially for silk, raised one side but is classed as "heavy". Any ideas if I used this whether the curtains would be too heavy for the pole?? HELP please

Thanks, Helen

Re: Silk interlined curtains

I don't know this intertlining but even with domette or best quality synthetic, silk curtains are very light as the silk weighs next to nothing.
    janie

Comment

Hi Helen, I'm working on silk interlined curtains just now - 3 widths in each but only a 1.5m drop. I was concerned both about the weight and the bulk. After a lot of thought, I went for Evans' Sarril 220g. The curtains look fairly substantial but, as Janie says, are actually really light. Another reason I went for the sarril was that it seemed to be the most stable interlining (the curtains will sit above a radiator). I'm glad I don't do a lot of interlining, I find it very tedious!
      Cheers Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Sue
        I'm glad I don't do a lot of interlining, I find it very tedious!
        It's interesting that you should say that as I used to feel the same, but in many ways I find interlined easier and quicker because you do't have to spend ages picking up tiny threads, with interlined you can do big stitches so much more easily. I know that lots of people here use blind hemmers, but I'm a bit old school and only do things by hand.
        Janie

Comment

Helen,
          I would say it should be fine if they have a centre bracket on the pole.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Have been so busy only just coming back onto the site to say a big thank you to you all for your responses. Thanks to you all

Comment

Working...
            X