Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironing 100% Linen

Hi all
    I am working with some lovely linen fabric - well it would be lovely if I could get all the creases out? Does anyone have any top tips for getting linen to look lovely? I'm making three romans and two door curtains and worried that they are going to look like old dishcloths by the time I get them fitted!!
    Any ideas?
    Many thanks
    Penny

Re: Ironing 100% Linen

Linen does have that creased look i always pre warn my customers that it will have a more natural creased look when made up. I know it is very frustrating when you spend a lot of time and care but it is just a characteristic of linen that it has a natural look. Vanessa Arbuthnott linen is one of the worst but the designs are so lovely the key is always pre warn sorry cant be of more help.

Comment

Iron it on the wrong side, and only where needed. You often get creases where the fabric has kinked when being rolled, and I can't leave them.But the crumpled look is inevitable with linen, it's what is does.

Watch the iron's heat, as too hot can cause shininess. Leave it to cool comp;etely before moving it too much, drape it over a thick towel on the landing bannisters, or your work table if you've got the space.

Comment

Many thanks for the advice - looks better already!

Comment

i recommend you invest in a steamer. then you will get the best result possible without worrying about creasing. they are horrendous when making up but if you steam it you will get the best result i think without worrying about damaging

Comment

Do you think a steamer will make the linen shrink Dee?

Comment

i havnt experienced any shrinkage using the steamer

Comment

Working...
              X