Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headboard wall fixings

I am hoping pelmetman is online!!
    I am fixing a 5' rectangular headboard with wall fixings.I am getting a joiner to fix them to the wall prior to me delivering the headboard. Is there an optimum height down from the top of the headboard and for the horizontal spacing between these brackets? They are sturdy sliding brackets (from JAMiltons) and I will match up the brackets on the headboard later.
    Julie
    Julie

Re: Headboard wall fixings

Hi Julie,

I am not familiar with J A Miltons brackets as I prefer to make my own timber battens for wall hanging headboards.
    I would of thought that if you fit them a third of the way down from the top of the headboard and 6" in from the sides. How many do they supply in a set?
    It might be a good idea to ring Miltons to see what they recommend.

Hope this helps
    Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Dear Pelmetman
      Just thought I would let you know what a terrible time I had fitting the headboard to the wall with wall brackets!!!! It took two strong men and myself nearly 1 hour, and I would never use them again. The joiner had not fitted the wall brackets straight ( vertical ) on the wall for a start. we then had to position the other part of the brackets onto the headboard in exactly the right place which took a lot of calculation. When we tried to match up the brackets and slide the headboard down into them we could not see behind the headboard. This was a very heavy 5' board and after about 10 attempts we were stressed - then the client walked in!!
      We did eventually do it more by luck then good management, but when the time comes to replace the cover on it I will definately be using timber brackets. Julie
      Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

Sounds like you had quite a time of it with the wall brackets, I think you will find the angled timber brackets much easier to use.
        Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

So will you be supplying mitred timber by the metre for us all to buy?

Comment

Hi Jules,

Can do if you like, but I prefer to go to my local timber merchants who cut a piece of 5"x2" down the centre at 45 degree's and then you have your timber bracket, probably cheaper than J A Miltons
            Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Yes! and all of us 'ladies' can do that! lol! Well, actually, we probably could if we had the tools!!!! But we probably don't

Comment

I think you have miss read my post Jules, I dont cut them the timber merchant does, as they have a industrial table saw and it is easier and quicker for them and only adds a couple of quid to the price of the timber
                Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

God, I'm dim - must read the words on the screen more thoroughly in future! Oops, sorry

Comment

Working...
                  X