combined interlining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combined interlining

Hi im new to this site. Am making curtains using a combined interlining - what size hem would you recommend? Am thinking 3" single with edge turned under 1/4" if that makes sense? Are weights necessary?

Re: combined interlining

The only time I have used this I treated it like interlining and folded all the fabric hems over the edge of the combined lining/intelrining and stitched them by hand. It was a curtain I made for myself to try the combined lining and I did not particularly like it as it was so stiff.

I now only use it for roman blinds and soft flat valances.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

To avoid bulky hems you can peel the interlining back, leaving the lining part only to fold up as the hem.

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hello Linda

Welcome to the site.

I made them for a shop and they said make them up like normal linings. They turned out ok, customer was pleased, I personally wouldnt choose to use it.

Kathy
        K W Designs
        Bournemouth

Comment

thanks for all your advice - wouldnt normally use combined but have been asked to. Maybe I will make a mini one first to test it out ... Guess I will have to see how it looks and hangs. I have been looking at this site and picking up very useful tips from you all for ages without needing to ask - thanks again!

Comment

Not something that I like either. Its a pest to get through my machine and boy does it NOT drape! There is no softness or drape at all with it and I would not use it again for curtains.
            Enid

Comment

We only use the combinded interlining for roman blinds. I think there are some posts on the forum about using this type of interlining for curtains and how it is impossible to dress as the interlining just springs out at the hem.
              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Laura Ashley use combined. They get theirs from Evans. It is softer than many but still not my cup of tea.

Comment

Working...
                X