Shriinkage problem - what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shriinkage problem - what do I do?

Last week I fitted 5 roman blinds into a small conservatory of a client's holiday home and they all fitted perfectly. I went back yesterday to take some photos to email to her to show her the finished look. Because the house is unoccupied and with all the wind and rain recently all the blinds have shrunk upwards by nearly 2cm!!! She supplied the fabric and it was really cheap (£9/m double width unbleached ticking). It doesn't look too bad but because the lining hasn't shrunk it is all baggy at the back. Is it enough for me to say that she bought the fabric and there is nothing I can do? I'm having sleepless nights.
    Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    Penny

Re: Shriinkage problem - what do I do?

Hi Penny,

YES, her fault not yours! Sounds like her fabric was not pre-shrunk as your quality lining is and, as a consequence, the damp atmosphere and probably the sun on a nice day has taken its toll. Pass the buck on this one. Just ask her if she made sure her ticking was pre-shrunk.

Do get some sleep!

Comment

Re: Shriinkage problem - what do I do?

Thanks Jules - I was getting myself in a bit of stew about it!!! Hopefully they wont shrink any more!
      Penny

Comment

Working...
      X