Hiding the rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding the rail

I may be in the wrong section here but hopefully someone will be able to help.

I am making a new window dressing for my lounge and have decided on dress curtains on a curtain rail - 18" each side of the window, and cowle, (I may have spelt that wrong) swags and tails on a wood pole. Which is the best way to tackle it - like the chicken & the egg, so that my curtain rail is hidden by the pole and swags. I remember seeing a photo of a lovely example of the same idea on here somewhere, but where?

Do I use chocs of wood on the ends of the pole to fasten my return part of the tails to?

Bev

The Window Dresser

Re: Hiding the rail

Have a look at Merrick & Day's Encyclopaedia of Curtains - that should give you an idea of how to tackle it. If you don't have one and you are anywhere near me, you're welcome to borrow mine. I've also got the M&D swag and tail patterns if that would help. Send me a PM if this appeals!

Jackie

Comment

Re: Hiding the rail

Thanks for the offer Jackie, but I have both of these books, just didn't realise the info was in there. I'll go and take a look.

Thanks again

Bev

The Window Dresser

Comment

Working...
      X