aaaaaargh !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaaaaargh !!!

I am in the process of making some eyelet curtains and find, having cut all four drops required (2 drops per curtain), that I have cut 3 of them 10cm short I was going to cut them to 253cm allowing 223 curtain length, 15cm for the hem and 15cm turnover allowance for the eyelet heading. I cannot afford to replace the fabric so I reckon I have two 'get out of the mire' options'. First I could add 15cm to the bottom and use this for the hem or, alternatively, at the top, using the stitchline as the fold line for the heading. As I have just sat and slip-stitched one of the hems with mitred corners and weights, the top would be my preferred option but would this cause a problem to putting in the eyelets ? I hasten to add that the curtains are for my home not a customer, and I can only plead that I had a l...o...n...g senior moment Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards from a very embarrassed
    Cyndie

Re: aaaaaargh !!!

Hi Cyndie,
    Ooh, that's a b****r! I would have thought it would be OK to add the 15cm to the top providing your turning is smaller than 4cm (or whatever space you use between the eyelet hole and the top of the curtain). Or how about adding a contrast top band for the eyelets? That way it will look as though you meant to do it!
    Jackie

Comment

Re: aaaaaargh !!!

Thanks Jackie, I did think about using a contrast panel but the fabric am I using wouldn't lend itself to that. so I have decided to sew an extra 20cm
      to the top of the curtain so that when it is turned and folded I will have a 10cm heading in which to have the eyelets applied.

I have made a firm vow always to measure at least 3 times before cutting in future !

Regards
      Cyndie

Comment

Working...
      X