Help with Buckram triple pleat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Buckram triple pleat

Hi I am a new user and am trying to find how to make traditional triple pinch pleat curtains using Buckram, does anyone know any links where there are step by step pictures or a video link. I have the main idea about how to do them but cant work out how you attatch the hooks afterwards and a few other things. I have spent all day looking on the internet, found a lot of written instruction but nothing with pictures showing you step by step. I`m trying to make these for my daughter as she cant afford to buy them and I fancy the challenge of learning. Would be so very grateful for any help. Thanks

Re: Help with Buckram triple pleat

Check Youtube and search for something like 'make triple pleat' or 'make pinch pleat', there are various videos and instructions.

Like this triple pleat.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks for that Louise, I have seen the first one on you tube, thats exactly how I want to do them, but it doesnt show you how the hooks are inserted, thought about trying to buy her ebook, but its about £32. I also dont quite understand how you sew the top of the pleats, wonder if you know of any cheaper book option maybe? Thanks

Comment

Hi Aimee2009

Welcome to the forum, you should find all the information you need here so don't rush into buying any ebooks - If you're going to buy a book buy The Encyclopedia of Curtains by M&D, this book covers it all with easy to follow instructions and diagrams.

You buy special hooks with a sharp point, this is inserted in the back of the pleat directly through the buckram - You can also buy sew-in hooks but they aren't necessary unless you're making very heavy curtains. The top of the pleat is secured to the top line of the buckram, this holds the pleat in place, just a few stitches at the top and the base.

[attachment=0:1bhsts78]pp7.jpg[/attachment:1bhsts78][attachment=1:1bhsts78]pp8.jpg[/attachment:1bhsts78]

I hope this is of help, if you need anymore info just leave a post and someone will help.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you so very much, I am so glad I found this website, you have given me the confidence to do them.

Comment

The M&D book is very well known so you might find you can get it from your library. Then you could see if you thought it was worth buying.......
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
            X