Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slippy box cushion pads - any bright ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippy box cushion pads - any bright ideas?

I'm currently doing a new cushion pad for some L-shaped box seating in a customer's kitchen - her children must shuffle a fair amount, because the current cushion keeps landing on the floor! Any bright ideas as to how I might keep it in place for her? Clever application of Velcro ? (but this means that the cushion won't be reversible, and you know how nice it is to turn that blob of ketchup to the bottom so you can't see it!) I also wondered whether to apply a panel of fabric to the top of the seating, which is painted, to achieve a bit of friction? Anyone solved this one already? Your expert thoughts will be gratefully received ...

Jackie

Re: Slippy box cushion pads - any bright ideas?

How about some of that stuff you can use under rugs to stop them slipping on floor?

Grip-a-Rug.

Or you can get cut to size sheets of similar stuff..... under rug sheet.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Jackie, Louise is right I have made cushions for wooden chairs without the ties and the rubbery stuff (sorry cant remember what its called) thats used as a non slip under rugs works a treat I made them about 4 years ago and it is still doing a good job.

Irene

Comment

Excellent! Many thanks Irene and Louise - I'll look into it today. Knew someone would have the answer!

Jackie

Comment

Working...
        X