Fire Safety Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Safety Regulations

I have an enquiry for my first commercial job (curtains for a pub). Can anyone tell me what fire regulations they should comply with and where I can find them. Thanks.

Re: Fire Safety Regulations

I think "The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988" are the particular ones you need to bear in mind. As you are not manufacturing the fabric, you only need to make sure you obtain suitably certified materials. Your supplier should be able to advise, make sure you give him details of the uses to which the fabric will be put. They should also be able to supply you with a quantity of appropriate fire safety regulation labels, which must be attached to each panel of curtains you make.

There are a lot of companies with workrooms dedicated solely to making soft furnishings for pubs etc. and I wonder whether you would be able to compete with them on price? Am sure there is reference to this on another topic somewhere within this forum. Someone here will be able to help you am sure. Good luck if you do go ahead.

Comment

Re: Fire Safety Regulations

There is lots of info here http://www.my.decozo.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1480
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
      X