curtain fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curtain fitting

i wondered whether you can help me. My partner is more than capable of fitting hardware and when i rang my insurance company to see if he would be covered they said as long as i am paying his stamp. he works full time for an industrial company . i wandered how if your partners do fitting how you get them insured in case of a mishap. i have public liability cover.

Re: curtain fitting

I wonder if they know - no-one 'pays a stamp' nowadays! If you and your husband run a business, no matter how much or little he gets paid, and you have adequate public liability insurance, then I can't see any problem.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Sounds to me like what the insurance co meant was that if he's your employee, he'll be covered by your insurance. Worth ringing them back and checking again although you'll probably get a different story everytime you call depending who you speak to. Might be worth getting them to confirm their position in writing so you have a backup just in case.
      Jane

Comment

hes my boyfriend. i took out the normal public liability insurance.

Comment

He can still be your employee. Or ask the insurance company if you can have named persons on the insurance.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I agree with all of the above. My husband occasionally does some hanging for me, he has his own insurance - just over £100 per year for £1m including public liability.

I would suggest you go to a Broker, we do and are insured with a company called MMA, which will only deal with brokers, and considerably cheaper than the other companies out there (includings the guys with the red telephone and mouse, their name escapes me at the moment).

Morag

Comment

Working...
            X