help with squaring up fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with squaring up fabric

can anyone help with the best way to make sure the fabric is square before cutting !!
    any help would be greatly received !!

thankyou
    lindsay

Re: help with squaring up fabric

I line the fabric up with the edge of my worktable and then I use a t square to make a rightangle - mind you some fabrics tend to have quite a bit of movement in them so its not always foolproof. Alternativly you can fold the material back on itself so that the selvedges are straight with each other and then cut across the fold. Another useful tip is that a sheet of newspaper always has a 90degree angle
    Janie

Comment

I fold over and use a t-square.

Comment

Linings I prefer lapped, measure, snip, fold over hand, make sure the two selvedges are square to each other and cut along the fold.
        Fabric, I like to square off on the end of the table, clamp if needed but be careful as the clamps can sometimes pull, and cut along the edge of the table. You can use a T square if you want. Anything that you know has a true 90' angle, and a bit of confidence. Sometimes ones eye is the best judge

Enid

Comment

If its a suitable fabric i pull a thread. Suitable as in loose enough weave to be able to pull the thread.
          sharon

Comment

Working...
          X