Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a Business

Hi!

I am currently completing a Soft Furnishing Course with the NDA and would like to set up my own business soon. I have been sewing for many years and I don't know why I haven't done this sooner!!

Initially I thought it best if I offered a 'making up service only', which will give me a 'feel' for the market. Maybe obtaining outwork would be good in order to get some practice. Is it best to contact companies direct or is there a way I can advertise within the trade. What is the best way to obatin commissions from Interior Designers in due course?

I would also appreciate any help and advice on the easiest way to set up trade accounts with fabric companies and obtain trade references? I guess some of them require me to order minimum value orders. I am only intending to make curtains etc 1 - 2 days per week to begin with and so I don't think I will achieve these. I just thought that it would look more professional if I was able to show brochures etc to clients - and the profit margin is greater.

Any advice would be really great!

Thanks Debs

Re: Setting up a Business

Hello Debs..

Welcome to the forum, you'll find many hours of interesting reading here - This is a common question when starting out - if you take a look here it should give you a head start.....there are other posts in the same Fabrics section on various suppliers.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
    X