Pattern matching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern matching

I'm making 3 prs of curtains (pencil pleat heading) from the same fabric all to go in the same room. 2 pairs are the same length and I think they're going on two windows on the same wall & the other pair are 10cm shorter & I think they're go go on another wall.
    It's a big pattern on the fabric so should I pattern match at the top of the curtains or at the bottom?

Sorry to sound vague about positioning but the customer bought me her fabric (which is printed wonky!) and her blackout lining (which JL cut short!) and her measurements so I haven't seen the room.

Don't you just love this job!
    Jane
    Jane

Re: Pattern matching

Jane the tops should be the same if they are running on tracks at the same height in the room - In my opinion, the shorter curtains will stand out more than the floor length curtains; generally you would cut curtains with a full pattern at the bottom as this shows more than it would in the header - However, you need to decide what will please the eye in this situation, but they must flow around the room.

If all your rails are at the same height, then all the tops should be the same, measure your short curtains starting at a full pattern at the hem and measure up to the heading (Don't forget allowences for turnings) and if you're happy with how they will look, measure the long curtains from the same point AT THE TOP and measure down to the hem line, again remember allowences for turnings.

If you're happy with the overall look.. Measure again and cut.

Philip

Sorry Jane I read your posting thinking you have two ful length pairs of curtains and and short pair.. As there is only a small difference you should measure the longest pair up from the bottom and match the tops on the shorter pair. I'm not going to delete it though

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Re: Pattern matching

None of the curtains are floor length (unless she has exceptional low ceilings). Unfortunately there isn't sufficient fabric to chose where in the pattern to cut. I will give her a call & check if all the tracks/poles are at the same level and take it from there.
      Cheers
      Jane

Comment

Working...
      X