Blackout Lining Problem !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout Lining Problem !

I've been using 3 pass blackout lining from Merrick and Day. I know there are better quality ones available from Evans etc. but I didn't want to order a full roll so just bought what I needed for this order of triple pleats. The problem I am finding is that when I machine sew vertically down the lengh of the pleat, tiny bits of rubber are coming back 'thru on the needle holes which creates a faint black line done the stitch line. Has anyone had this problem? I have another pair to complete which are to be interlined, also with 3 pass. Does anyone use face fabric,interlining,3 pass and then lining? Wondered if this would help, have also tried changing to a finer needle.

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Blackout Lining Problem !

Cat try changing your needle, a nice sharpe one with a point. Needles should be changed on a regular basis as they have a major affect of the sticth results. As they become blunt they catch the fabric like a broken nail as they lift out of the fabric.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks Philip, I will do that. I did try a new needle but I don't think they are sharp enough. Will try another make.

Cat
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

A spray on the needle of silicone spray can help to prevent the needle picking up the rubber.
        Might be worth a try.

Phil

Comment

Thanks Phil. I think that could work.

Cat C.
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Hi Cat,

I have had that problem in the past. As has been said, a sharp needle and not too thick is what is required. You do not have to buy a whole roll of blackout from Evans. I never do, as I don't use it frequently enough.

Sue.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Sue. I can't believe I didn't check that out. I just looked at the price list and presumed they would only sell in min. 50mtr. rolls. The annoying thing is, I was sent their 3pass sample and it felt as if it would drape very well and would have been perfect for this job but as I thought of the min. order decided to order Merrick and Day's 3pass. Feeling very silly that I didn't check that out first.

Cat
              Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Working...
              X