Prestigious Textiles Potenza fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prestigious Textiles Potenza fabric

Has anyone used this fabric. A client has seen it elsewhere, and I got myself a few samples so that I knew what I was dealing with. It is very thin, like a faux silk dupion with a wavy vertical shiny design woven on it. I think it should be interlined, thoughts please? Client is trying to keep the budget down but there are at least 20 full length widths in this room, interlining will bump (excuse the pun ) up the price?

Thanks,
    Sue.

Re: Prestigious Textiles Potenza fabric

Haven't used it but if it's a thin faux silk, I would interline. As it's a synthetic fabric, you could use sarill - it's much cheaper than domett / bump
    Jane

Comment

Have not used it yet, but samples are on their way to my 'client with the huge house' as an alternative to keep the cost down. Must admit that I did not think of interlining it, no way will she wear that. Will wait and see Suel, but interesting.

Enid

Comment

Made some faux silk curtains a while ago for MIL but she didn't want them interlined. They looked fine & she was delighted with them. Made some recently in a similar fabric for another customer but interlined them with saril and oh what a difference. As much as I hate interlining, I would always now try to encourage customers, especially those who choose thin fabric, to have them interlined.
        Jane

Comment

Customer did not like the fabric, it was too shiny, too thin and too cheap!!

Oh well, back to the drawing board but she has fallen for the Harlequin one, son wants it as well but the budget does not.

I would like to say NMP but its not!!!!

Enid

Comment

Hi Enid,

I have to agree with your customer I'm not a big fan of this fabric either. I think my customer is compromising because the fabric is cheap, but when I suggest that it needs to be interlined she will not like the extra cost involved with that either. Trouble is with a minimum of 50M in this room, she must have realised that it was not going to be a cheap exercise to replace all the curtains in the room.

She did not like any of the fabrics I showed her in my collections, but found this elsewhere. Its not a sample book I would invest in, as I find it hard to sell anything I don't like personally!

Sue.

Comment

Working...
            X