Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bed valance

Hi
    I am making a frilled bed valance, one that sits on the base. What do i do with the section that goes where the headboard is. The headboard is attached to the bed. Should this section be frilled?
    thanks
    Sharon

Re: bed valance

No, I would just leave that bit straight across the top of the valance, finishing the frill at either side of the headboard..
    Are you using fabric underneath the mattress or making the middle section out of lining?

eNID

Comment

Valance's I've bought in the past have only had frill around 3 sides. Just hem across the centre piece at the head end.
      Jane

Comment

Thanks ladies,
        I am using lining across the base Enid.
        What a lovely sunny day it is, even when your not feeling well, (have a cold) the sun always makes me feel better. Im glad i have a window to look out of as im working....
        sharon

Comment

3 sides but return the frill to the outside edge of the headbaord strut to make sure it sits still and behaves itself lol

Comment

i was thinking about taking it just round the corner, nice to have the confirmation
            sharon

Comment

Yes, definitely take the frill round the headboard end, but stop there.
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
              X