Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about M & D's Trim Fix

Morning All,

Hope you are all well and being busy little bees today.

Have a quick question about the trim fix. I have ordered some as I have trims to put on some Romans. Can you tell me whether it is strong enough to attach bullion down the leading edge of a curtain and also to attach bullion to swags and tails??????

Any advise much appreciated.
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: Questions about Merrick & Day's Trim Fix

I was intrigued by your question, so I had a look on their site - looks amazing stuff if it works. I would have thought that swags & tail would be fine as they don't get handled, but I would be a bit suspicious on curtains unless they are just dress curtains. It will be interesting to see if anyone has any experience of it.
    Rosannagh

Comment

Hi
      I have used trim fix in the past and although it was fantastic attaching the trim, when a blind had to come back because it had shrunk due to steam in a bathroom and the hem had gone wonky it was a nightmare to try to remove as theblind had to be taken apart and remade.
      My own personal choice would be to hand sew trims everytime.
      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Karen,
        I have used the tape on my curtain edge and then some on a shaped pelmet and on the bottom of a roman blind. The curtain and the blind are great but the shaped pelmet has not been great. I think it is a great tape but it is not for every aspect of trim fixing. I use it to fix my leaded weights in very lazy but quick. It is very strong and it is very hard to remove once it has cured! Try it.

Comment

Working...
        X