Using Laura Ashley fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Laura Ashley fabric

Hi- I noticed from reading a post that it someone inferred that using LA fabric to make roman blinds was not a good idea Can you tell me more about this as I have a large leftover piece and was thinking about using it for this purpose?
    Thanks
    Caroline

Re: Using Laura Ashley fabric

Hello Caroline,

Everyone has views on which companies fabrics' they like/dislike to work with. Some people have had problems with specific Laura Ashley fabrics and understandably prefer not to use them.

I have (touch wood) not yet had many problems with their fabrics and, as long as the fabric you have is suitable for making a roman blind, think you should give it a go.

Good luck. Maybe you will register and post a photograph of your finished blind?

Oh, to add another point. I think some of the problems have been with how the fabric is sold as much as the quality. Pattern repeats not being calculated correctly, fabrics being sold cut to 'incorrect lengths and perhaps pieces of fabrics from different batches being sold for one project. The last will often result in differing pattern repeats making it difficult or impossible to join widths, and sometimes shading issues which stick out like sore thumbs.

Comment

Thanks for that. I will have a go and will definitely get round to joining the forum as I have enjoyed reading other people's experiences.
      Thanks again,
      Caroline

Comment

Hi Caroline,

I'm a novice really but made one of my first blinds out of leftover LA fabric and couldn't understand why I was unable to match the fabric pattern. I'm usually pretty good at this even if my skills in other areas are lacking!!!

I tried for days could match it at the top or bottom but not both. I eventually decided it was the fabric itself, match it on the skew so to speak (probably a technical term somewhere) and they looked fine but there was a difference in the side seams of about 2 inches!!!

Good Luck!
        Jane

Comment

Working...
        X