Pfaff machine ambushed by 4 year old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pfaff machine ambushed by 4 year old!

Can anyone help me? I am awaiting a call from an engineer but in the meantime some of you whizz kids may be able to help. My Pfaff select machine is playing up, the needle hits the bobbin surround thingy when I turn the handwheel. I have put the needle in as much as it'll go and when I turn the handwheel the needle hits the metal bobbin case about 1/2cm before it should go into the space in the bobbin case.

My 4 year old had pressed all the stitch select buttons so not sure if this has something to do with it, but I was happily sewing along and the needle snapped and then when I replaced it this happened. Any ideas??? I was dping so well today too!
    Kim

Re: Pfaff machine ambushed by 4 year old!

Hi Kim
    It sounds like the timing is out, if so then it is definately a job for an engineer.Were you sewing lots of thicknesses at the time, that is usually how I have knocked mine out before.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Yes, I keep doing this to my Pfaff - sometimes when the needle breaks or the thread catches.
      My engineer is quite good and, because I have 3 machines serviced regularly, just adjusts it for free as it does not take long - I still have to cart it into town and collect it which is a pain. It is not terminal so don't worry.

Julie
      Julie

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm glad it doesn't sound expensive! It's gone to machine hospital today to be fixed, luckily it's still under warranty. I just hope I get it back soon.
        Kim

Comment

Oh No Kim - is this the sexy new pink one? Hope it is not away too long. I hope its a one-off and not the start of reliability problems. Be interesting to know if this is something that this machine is prone to - I was considering one actually...

Sue.

Comment

Not had this happen with my Pfaff.......so far!
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Do any of you Pfaff owners have the GrandQuilter?

Am thinking of buying one and would like to know what you think, especially if you've been able to compare it to the Janome 1600P

Thanks
              Jane

Comment

Thank-you all for your replies. I got my 'sexy pink' machine back today in full working order. The service from 'Sewing machines direct' was exceptional. The machine was collected by courier the day following my phone call to them and was returned within 1 week exactly like they promised it would be. All under warranty so no cost to me at all. I would throughly recommend this company.

The machine has been great, so I do hope it's not that start of problems.

kim
                Kim

Comment

Working...
                X