• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout Lining

Which blackout lining is every-ones preference
    Regards
    Mairi

Re: Blackout Lining

Mairi - - I interline with Black Bolton Twill and line with normal lining on blinds and use Edmund Bell dim out on curtains. I believe it is important to interline curtains which require blackout lining as you get pinpricks of light where your interlocking stitches pass through it and the interlining blocks the light from these tiny holes.

Comment

I use venus dimout from Edmund Bell on blinds and curtains. I'd never use 3 pass again, hate the stuff!

Comment

Hi T
        I have had this dilema this afternoon and can't decide what to do.
        Do you use venus dimout as an interlining on curtains and line as normal. And if so do you interlock across the width and on the seam. I have never seen or used dimout, have some samples coming from Edmund Bell tomorrow.
        Any advise is much appreciated.
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I am really stuggling with this one..The client has specified blackout lining on faux suede curtains so which blackout should I use. I have used Copes before...thank goodness it's all used up now
          I am able to purchase from Evans, Price & co, Gordon John or Copes (or M&D but thats not trade) so which would u recommend of these. Evans hve a choice of several including A32 which has a an interlining attached...would this perhaps absorb the light bleed

I have to have a verbal estimate ready for the morning so ur thoughts on this r really appreciated
          Regards
          Mairi

Comment

I use EB dimout as an interlining on curtains and line as normal, Treat exactly as you would interlining interlocking every 1/4 and 15cm in from the edge, fold into the turn ins THEN trim it back as its hard to get a straight and taught line along the leading and outer edge. The only exception would be if it were a silk fabric then I would interlock along the seam for fear of brusing the fronnt fabric. Anyone have any have suggestions on the silk interlocking querie???

Cut plenty to the length as its a bit stretchy.

AS for the faux suede, as its already black out I would opt for a normal lining, 3 pass is going to make it even stiffer which will be a nightmare when stacked back causing the curtains to splay. I would make the suggestion and have 2 estimates ready option 1 for blackout as specified option 2 cotton linings and tell them why. At the end of the day , its thier choice but they have been warned, that covers you for any come backs.

Hope that helps

Comment

Many thanks T that makes perfect sense.
              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Yes thanks for all ur input
                Regards
                Mairi

Comment

I use Outblack Original 3 pass for curtains and blinds. I used to use the bolton twill and have even done curtains using main fabric, bolton twill, domette and lining (all interlined every 1/4 width) . Having experimented with bolton twill and blackout I prefer the 3 pass blackout but it is heavy stuff. Just about to do curtains with domette and blackout.
                  Karen Rhodes
                  Karen Rhodes Design
                  Pole Design

Comment

I use bolton twill (for blinds) and Street's lunar dimout for curtains. I use the latter either as an interlining or simply as a lining depending upon the fabric, the customer and the final effect I want to achieve. I use spare pieces of dimout as backing for banana tiebacks. It always looks nice and taught as well as having quite a luxurious look (customers dont know its a lining ).
                    If the fabric of a roman is quite seethrough and its colour will be affected by black bolton twill, I will use dimout as it comes in a variety of colours. I like the drape of these two fabrics and would like to think I never use 3-pass again!!
                    Am I right in thinking you can now get a white / cream bolton twill now?

Sas

Comment

Working...
                    X