Getting feather cushions re-stuffed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting feather cushions re-stuffed?

I'm going to be making loose covers for an old sofa which needs a little tlc before I start. The sofa itself is extremely good quality and a lovely classic shape, so there's a lot more life in it if we can get the cushions refilled - there are two back and two seat cushions. They're feather filled but now a bit squashed and flat.

Can anyone suggest where these could be re-stuffed in the Lothian / Central area, or a company that will do it mail-order?

Ta
    x

Re: Getting feather cushions re-stuffed?

Have you looked at The Feather Company in Edinburgh
    mailto:[email protected]

My mother in law had some duvets made up from old eiderdowns by them, she wanted them extra long for tall friends who came to stay with her. I have now inherited them, lucky me!

Regards
    Rosannagh
    Rosannagh

Comment

Hi there,
      yes, I used the Edinburgh feather co a little while ago (for myself) for a cushion to cover a blanket bow, 84x45x5 and it cost 48 pounds plus 10 pounds postage. They also re-stuff cushions, duvets etc, however I;m not 100% happy with mine as its a bit lumpy and not very comfortable to sit on, perhaps I was unlucky, as I have recommended them in the past to clients who have been delighted, maybe something to watch out for though.
      Kind regards, Helen

Comment

If you fancy an alternative quote, http://www.allshapes.freeserve.co.uk/Index.htm and http://www.bandmlatexupholstery.co.uk/index.html both do feathers and offer a postal service.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you all. I've got prices from Allshapes (they price online) so I'll offer that to my client and tell them about the Feather Company. I'm not willing to spend time making templates to send off for a quote just yet - I'll wait until the client's accepted my quote and paid a deposit before I do that. Then we can compare all prices and choose the best option within their budget.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X