Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALCULATING CURTAIN WEIGHT

Hello

I have installed a Silent Gliss 3000 curtain track curved to the shape of my bay window - max weight 18kg ie. 9kg each curtain.

I am trying to calculate the weight of my curtains, and purchase interlining/linings accordingly, to make sure that they won't be too heavy ! I'm confused as to how best to calculate weight ... most of the interlinings display a weight in grams per square metre or metre squared ... can someone please explain ? Thanks, Milly

Re: CALCULATING CURTAIN WEIGHT

I'm not sure if there is a method to this. I just wonder if anyone has any similar sized curtains in their workrooms currently? Obviously if you weigh yourself first, then step on the scales with the curtains in your arms the difference is the weight of the curtains.

Sue.

Comment

Hi Millym

I would suggest you gather the individual weights per metre of each item, convert them into your preferred weight and calculate the meterage of the face fabric, interlining and lining - Once you know what a metre of each of these weigh you should them multiply this by the amount of metres you require. This will give you the finished weight of the curtains.

Hope this helps..
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Really helpful thanks ... curtains are now up and look lovely ;-D

Comment

Working...
        X