Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtains for Hotel

Evening Everyone

I have been asked to submit a quote to make curtains and loose covers for a hotel and would appreciate any advise anyone could give before I go to visit.

Regards
    Andrea
    Regards

Andrea

Re: Curtains for Hotel

Be professional - make sure you are up to date with the regulations so that you can quote them! Don't discuss terms on site, ask for email addresses and tell them you will submit your estimate within a couple of days (if you do too quickly you can appear desperate, even though that may not be the case). I have found with contract work if I have acted too quickly and intense that has been detrimental, if you act cool and give a timeframe for estimates that we go in your favour (in my experience of course). Good luck.

Don't forget to put in the cost for FR'd fabric, lining (and interlining) and for your time to make sure everything ordererd complies with legislation.

Yvonne
    Yvonne

Comment

Just in case you are like me and do not hold your own fabrics, Edmund Bell do a range of prints that can be printed on different types of fabric for different uses. They are mainly for contract work like this and are not badly priced.
      Don't know what your situation is, but if they are re-furbishing prior to having the soft furnishings done, just make sure that you don't end up pressed for time before they take the first booking. This always seems to happen to me because the joiner, decorator, plumber and electrician end up taking longer and I get left with a tiny gap at the end. I have seen me steaming the curtains whilst the furniture was being arranged around me!!. A way to avoid this is to get the poles put up early, even if they have to be taken down again you will have your finished drops early.
      Also, watch they don't take ages to pay you - Take a deposit.
      Good Luck

Julie
      Julie

Comment

Thanks Yvonne & Julie, I am due to see the this afternoon, and will take into account all you've said.

Regards
        Andrea
        Regards

Andrea

Comment

How did the meeting go?

Comment

Hi everyone.
            Can anyone tell me where you find the 'latest regulations' for soft furnishings in Hotels? I am about to do a job for a local hotel, and would like to be sure what is correct
            Thanks
            Rosannagh
            Rosannagh

Comment

You might find the info you need here http://www.my.decozo.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1480 or some pointers where to look.
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hello Barcoded

I ended up quoting for loose covers for a number of chairs and 2 sofas. However, I am not expecting anything to come of it as the client was weighing up his options of buying new and replacing.

Regards
                Regards

Andrea

Comment

Working...
                X