Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pricing

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone could help me. I would like to know the standard price for labour on cushion covers. I live in London I work from home for an uphosterer. He gives me £5.00 per piped scatter cushion £10 for a box cushion cover and £15 when it shaped. He delivers the cut fabrics to me and collects some nice covers. Do you think it is fair?

Many Thanks,
    Natasha

Re: pricing

Hi Natasha

Welcome to the forum - He's probably paying you below minimum wage, unless you're very fast and turning out several covers per hour. He's on to a good thing, Natasha, I would suggest you time yourself and calculate your hourly wage while making his cushion covers..

However, you're not having to cut, they are arriving ready to sew.. I think calculating the hourly rate is a good starting point before negotiations start.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Re: pricing

Hi Natasha, when I was employed by an upholster we used to take 45mins on average to sew a piped box cushion...does he supply the piping & the zips? If he does then perhaps his pricing is ok...but then again you are self employed so as a self employed person can you afford to work for these amounts?
      Regards
      Mairi

Comment

Working...
      X