piping on a bolster cushion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piping on a bolster cushion

Hi, hope someone can help, I am making a bolster cushion (1st time), it's very difficult trying to teach yourself from books, especially as I am a visual learner, followed Schuhbys instructions for putting the zip in, although I put it in the wrong way round on my first try, so now I have a round cover and no idea how to put the ends in with the piping, or how you finish the ends of the piping where they meet, hope you're still with me lol, anyone able to point me in the directions of any videos, or very, very simple instructions with pictures, any help would be much appreciated.

Also just to say I love this site, and come everyday to have a look around, at previous posts etc.

Regards Chrissie

Re: piping on a bolster cushion

There are photos of an easy way to join piping here http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/us/media/piping.pdf and a picture of a piped curve here http://www.alternative-windows.com/binding.htm

When piping a circle be careful not to stretch the piping as you 'bend' it round the curve as this means the finished circle will end up with a slightly gathered edge. Stitch the piping to both ends before thinking of joining them to the 'tube' of the bolster.

When you are ready to stitch the ends on make sure the joins in the piping go near the zip so that they are are at the 'back' of the finished cushion. It also helps to put pins or small pencil marks on the edge of the fabric at each quarter of the ends and the tube so that you can make sure they fit together correctly as you sew.

I have emailed you a file that might help a little. Also if you search on YouTube for piping pillow there are some videos on piping a circular pillow/cushion.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Louise,

Thanks for the reply, Stitch the piping to both ends before thinking of joining them to the 'tube' of the bolster. do you mean to the round pieces for the ends, you'll have to excuse me, I can be a bit thick sometimes, I get terrible brains fogs.

Thanks Chrissie

Comment

Yes, sorry, stitch the piping to both the circular pieces, then join them to the body of the bolster shape.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
        X