Can I use invisible thread in an Elna overlocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use invisible thread in an Elna overlocker

A lot of soft furnishings seams and hems are often overlocked/sewn with an invisible thread which always seems very springy!

Is it possible A. To buy it B. To use it in my domestic Elna overlocker or is it designed to be used with commercial sewing machines?

Cheers

Re: Can I use invisible thread in an Elna overlocker

I don't use an overlocker myself, but can recommend this site for buying threads etc. They have an overlocking section http://www.empressmills.co.uk/acatal...ng_thread.html and I have found them helpful in the past. Try emailing them your question and see if they can advise you on the best thread for your machine.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

You need a thread designed for machines with a looper - ie.Overlockers and Blind hemmersm, can also be used on lockstitch. It's called Mono Filament Thread, it's 100% nylon, selft lubricating and designed for high speed machines. Comes in 180 and 250 denier and can be purchased from Jones Buttons or through me via a pm.

philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you for your reply's. I may see if I can get over to Empress Mills as it is only 30 minutes from here. If the weather stays bright it will be a nice trip out plus I can get to Croft Mill as well.

Thank you for your offer Philip.

Susan

Comment

Now I'm jealous if you are only 30 mins away from such places.........I am totally spoilt for choice between a Fabric Warehouse (which has more and more towels, candles and readymades and less and less sewing stock) and Dunelm.....
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Susan, is Croft Mill still open to the public? I used to be on their mailing list, and have been a couple of times, but last time I went there was very little to see. I hope it it still going.

Angie

Comment

I miss Croft Mill! All our dressing gown fleece came from there, and the indestructable cotton canvas on the sofa I'm sitting on, in exactly the right shade of dark red for £4m, and Will's coats when he was little, and the corduroy I'm very slowly framing small pieces of embroidery with, that will eventually be a quilt. I was on there list for the better part of twenty years, they were a postal highlight, the entire street used to read the catalogue, even those allergic to needles.

Comment

I think Croft Mill has closed down....

Comment

As Louise I only have the same two, but if you google Croft Mill, its in ? Lancs, it seems to be still running....well the website is and it says nothing about closing down. Its useful to have some place where one can buy the bits immediatley having to wait until delivery or having to buy in bulk.

Enid

Comment

Croft Mill Details - if they're still running

Tel : 01282-869625
                    Fax : 01282-870038

10:00am - 4:00pm
                    Monday to Saturday

Croft Mill
                    Lowther Lane
                    Foulridge
                    Colne