Foam for window seat Cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam for window seat Cushions

Hi, firstly I hope i have put this in the right place! Please move it if not! I have made a couple of window seat cushions in the past. But I have had a request for 3 cushions to go in a bay window, they are definitely not a straight forward shape. All three will need to be different sizes and apart from the end which is a fairly standard four sided shape the other two need to be cut to allow for the shape of the bay. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy the foam that can cut irregular shapes. Everything I've found so far only do four sided shapes. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi Pinkgem

Glovers will cut shapes if you send them templates. They will also cover the foam with wadding and stockinette if you want that. [email protected]

Comment

I always use Anyfoam. You can price online and order if it's straight forward, or send templates for pricing and ordering in cases like yours. They supply a wide range of different foams and also wrap in dacron and/or stockinette as required. I've always found them helpful.

https://www.anyfoam.co.uk/

You probably already know this, but you get a nice finish if you order the foam a few centimetres larger in each dimension than you need and include dacron wrap.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thats great thank you both for your suggestions. Previously I have ordered the foam the size required and had wadding and stockinette. I wasn't sure if its an awkward shape how easy it would be to get it in the cover if its slightly larger.

Comment

I haven't found it a problem sticking to 1-2cm bigger than the finished size.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
          X