Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Window Help!

Hello,

I've got a approx 3.5m bay window and I'm trying to work out how to make a pelmet for it. Advice and recommendations greatly appreciated!

My question is what is the best way to make a pelmet for a bay, one continuous piece or three pieces?

Thank you!

Hi Alice

The last pelmet I made for a bay window was made in section at the internal bends, pattern matching at the joins - I then used a single piece of lining on the back.
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I have my own way of making pelmets for bays, I not seen the same anywhere else, but its worked for me for the past years.
      I use ply (4mm) and cut each piece individually. The fabric is made in one long piece and then I stitch through (vertically) using clear thread at the folds. The ply is initially wrapped in thin interlining, 4oz wadding to face then a 2oz face layer of wadding that wraps slightly onto the back. The padded ply pieces are carefully slotted into their pockets.The top is turned to the back and glued ito place and velcro added.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-04-27 11.07.58.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	130455
      John Quine
      Brooke Design
      Fylde Coast

Comment

That is very clever ! Great photo, too. Thanks for sharing.
        Caroline

Comment

As I understand...the face fabric and the lining are all made up with the top open like a bag, for want of a better word, you stitch where the folds are, and the covered ply is inserted. That is a very interesting way of doing it. Don't do many but that's smart. Thank you.

Enid

Comment

I'm making some on Monday so will take a couple of pics to show the process.
            John Quine
            Brooke Design
            Fylde Coast

Comment

Few pics as promised. Click on the picture for a bit more info
              John Quine
              Brooke Design
              Fylde Coast

Comment

Working...
              X