Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patio table - want nice table cloth how to make a tidy hole and finish for parasol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patio table - want nice table cloth how to make a tidy hole and finish for parasol

Large long aluminium table oblong with 2 inch curve edge and chair arms just skim the base of this. I intend to buy some nice fabric (not sure what I can use - I was looking at Clarke & Clarke fish curtain fabric) Issues are can you get away with this? Also how to finish a round hole not too complicated due to amount of fabric under domestic machine. Was looking at oil cloth but its not the finish I wanted. Any advice on this appreciated.

There are various online/YouTube tutorials - the neatest way would be to sew a round facing on to the right side of the cloth, cut away the centre inside the stitching then turn the facing through to the back. Otherwise you could cut a circular hole and use bias binding (bought or made from the coth fabric) and use that to either turn to the back, or fold and bind the raw edge of the hole.

This is quite a good guide to the first suggestion..... http://whafi.com/sewing-techniques/h...egative-shapes
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

We have used a standard curtain eyelet, a nice neat solution and works well on oil cloth too. Check the diameter of the parasol pole to determine which size eyelet to use

Comment

Ooh that's a good suggestion!
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
        X