Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• labels for FR curtains

Hi everyone. Happy New Year to you all.

I was wondering - do any of you that have made FR curtains have sew in labels made specifying the FR standard details?

I have a potential large job for FR curtains and was not sure whether this is a necessary requirement.

Sas

Re: labels for FR curtains

Hi,

I have made lots of FR curtains for residential homes etc. Whilst not entirely sure of the letter of the law, the clients would expect a copy of the FR certificate which you can get from the supplier of the materials.

Sue.

Comment

Hi Sue,

I have provided the certification in the past, but on one of the certs(the one for the heading tape) it suggested labelling the items also!!??
      These regulations worry me. I would hate to 'do it wrong'.

As a matter of interest, when you do your Fr curtains, do you use face fabric that has been inherently treated or FR treated? Currently I have only ever used the FR treated (the one that cant be allowed to get wet).
      I have considered obtaining a sample book of the inherently FR fabrics, but the customers have usually gone with me because they dont like the inherent ones and I can provide other FR treated fabrics that are more suitable visually. I am not sure if it is worth investing in such a book, particularly as currently most of my work is for non-fr items. Can anyone recommend a company that provides a good selection of FR inherent fabrics?

Sas

Comment

Hi,

I have PM'd you.

Sue.

Comment

Working...
        X