Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with sew-in pleating hooks

Hi,
    I am making double pleat curtains and have been trying to use the sew-in pleating hooks,( adjustable, plastic). I cannot get close enough to the gliding space even with the zipper foot I have, it does not look like the pictures where the pleat is neatly folded around the hook.
    Any ideas and if anyone used these how did you get them to stay put while you were sewing, any info on working with these hooks greatly appreciated!!!

Re: problems with sew-in pleating hooks

Hello Carmen

Welcome to the forum, I hope we can help you out.. I've added a few pictures below showing step by step as I do them.

1. Insert your buckram and position your pleats - Fold the pleat back and crease.

2. Take the hook off the slider - be careful the put the slider in facing the correct direction.

3. Slip the slider in between the fold as shown.. Take to the machine

4. Using a wide left hand zipper foot

5. Sew down the crease line, start 2cm down from the top in reverse stitch - Sew along the crease line holding the slider in position from the side.

6. Back view without hook

7. Slide the hook back on. When putting in your double pleat, the fabric forming the pleat will sit to the side of the slider. Triple and goblet pleat: sit to the middle of the slider.

Hope this helps you Carmen..

Philip
    MyDecozo Admin

Comment

wow Philip, thanks you very much for your help. Do you use an industrial sewing machine?

Comment

Hi Carmen

I use a Brother Industrial MK III machine.

Happy New Year!
        MyDecozo Admin

Comment

Which hooks are you using there?

Comment

Working...
          X