Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolster cushions - what shall i charge for these? *pics*

Hiya,

I ended up doing this the wrong way around, making two bolsters before agreeing a price .

Each one is gathered at each end with a ribbon tie and inside the gathering is a contrast fabric. Each has a concealed zip as a closure and size wise 19.5cm diameter by 49cm length. Each took me just over three hours, and i have included a photo below.

If i could get some ball park figures i can decide if the price i have in my mind, is reasonable or wildly off the mark.

Thanks very much for any help xx

ETA, this is labour charge only, all materials including pads were provided by the customer. Thanks x

Re: Bolster cushions - what shall i charge for these? *pics*

Hello Apprentice,

The bolster cushion is exquisite and beautifully, beautifully made! I'm afraid I'm NO use at all re: pricing. I always under charge.... but I'm sure someone will be here soon to advise you but PLEASE don't undersell yourself. It's so easy to do! And then you're in a rut....

Comment

Hello, Apprentice,
      Do you think the time taken was reasonable, or will you be quicker next time? Then decide how much you want to earn per hour, add on a profit margin to cover your overheads (electric, purchase/use of machine and tools, time taken to discuss with customer, etc) and work out how much to charge. If you think that the figure sounds high, dont forget your customer is getting a custom made product, and the cost is not to be compared with ready made, mass produced items - they are not the same at all.

I agree with Rosie, don't undercharge, but next time, agree a price first!
      Best wishes
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I would charge around £40 labour. I guess there is no zip but there is the planning etc.
        Karen Rhodes
        Karen Rhodes Design
        Pole Design

Comment

Working...
        X